The year 2023 has passed with many difficulties and challenges for Vietnamese as well as foreign-invested businesses. Tax authorities have recently increased audit, inspection and compliance activities in relation to tax obligations after many discovered scandalous violations from large corporations. More than ever, transparency, accuracy and completeness in corporate financial management have become crucial, when many businesses are facing inspections by tax authorities. Companies should prioritize reviewing and fully preparing accounting books as well as complying with regulations on tax declaration, finalization to avoid unnecessary violations and penalties. In addition, companies also need to equip themselves with knowledge of tax authorities’ audit and inspection procedures to properly explain and protect their legitimate rights.
- Process of planning and selecting businesses for audit and inspection purposes by the Tax authority;
- Unscheduled audits and inspections (without planning);
- Procedures of checking tax records at Tax office headquarters;
- Procedures of audit and Inspection at the taxpayer’s headquarters
- Checking steps and documents to note;
- Issuing and implementing tax audit and inspection results/decisions;
- What can businesses do when they disagree with tax authorities’ decision?
This Online Tax Talk is organized with the purpose of sharing common problems of businesses before tax authorities’ audit/inspection. With better understanding and preparation, both companies and tax officers can minimize time and costs during the actual processes. Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Share and discuss specific tax declaration and finalization cases of their own businesses;
- Discuss practical issues with experts with more than 30 years of experience in the Tax agency;
- Answer questions from the perspective of the Tax authorities.
TAX TALK SCHEDULE
– Location: Online via Zoom
– Time: 10:00 – 11:30. Friday, January 12, 2024
* Dr. Au Thi Nguyet Lien – Tax Expert
* Ms. Thai Van Anh (FCCA, CPA) – Director of KTC Audit Company Limited – HCMC Branch.
Note: (After registering, the participation link will be sent to your email on January 11, 2024).
Dr. Au Thi Nguyet Lien is an expert with 30 years of practical work experience in tax authorities. She is currently the head of the Taxpayer Support consulting Department of the Thua Thien Hue Tax Department. She graduated with a Master’s degree in Corporate Finance in Australia in 2007 under a scholarship from the Australian Government and received a PhD in tax research in 2022. Dr. Lien also participated in consulting on drafts of many policies and regulations, including personal income tax since 2007 and has received scholarships from the Australian Government on transfer pricing, double taxation avoidance and international tax policy.
Ms. Thai Van Anh (FCCA, CPA), director of KTC Auditing Company Limited – City Branch. HCM has more than 20 years of experience in the field of Auditing, financial consulting, business restructuring… Ms. Van Anh has worked as an audit manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers UK – Glasgow Office for clients operating in the many fields such as manufacturing, services, restaurants, tourism, trade… She also held the position of Finance Director for Viet Dang Co., Ltd., ACG Vietnam International Co., Ltd. and Truong Quoc Tế Úc Sài Gòn. She is a member of the Executive Committee of the Vietnam Association of Certified Public Accountants (VACPA), a veteran member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). In addition, Ms. Van Anh also participates in teaching training programs for CFOs, internal auditing and ACCA and ICAEW certifications.